Vaughan-Nichols: Bilski loses, but the patent madness continues
Forum » Resources / News picks » Vaughan-Nichols: Bilski loses, but the patent madness continues
Started by: ggiedkeggiedke
Date: 28 Jun 2010 19:08
Number of posts: 1
rss icon RSS: New posts
Summary:
In English, I take this to mean that while [...] Bilski has lost, the broken patent system he tried to exploit continues on. [...] the Court wrote, "It is important to emphasize that the Court today is not commenting on the patentability of any particular invention, [...] This Age puts the possibility of innovation in the hands of more people and raises new difficulties for the patent law. With ever more people trying to innovate and thus seeking patent protections for their inventions, the patent law faces a great challenge in striking the balance between protecting inventors and not granting monopolies over procedures that others would discover by independent, creative application of general principles. Nothing in this opinion should be read to take a position on where that balance ought to be struck." The more I think about it, the more I think I picked the right word; SCOTUS has indeed punted on IP patents.
New Post